Having great skin isn’t just a matter of luck, it’s a matter of a great skincare routine. That’s right—routine. Skincare isn’t just washing your face and walking away. The key to great, healthy skin is a multi-step, multi-product regimen.
Here are the six steps you should incorporate into your daily routine for healthy skin.
1. Cleanse: The foundation to a great skincare regime is to wash your face. Start every morning with a fresh face by washing with a gentle cleanser like Artistry Skin Nutrition™ Renewing Foam Cleanser. A gentle foaming cleanser removes excess oil, makeup, and environmental debris, leaving behind only a comfortable, refreshed, healthy-looking skin.
2. Tone: Many people skip toner, not fully understanding the benefits of this important step in their daily routine. A refreshing toner not only removes the last traces of dirt and makeup, but also preps the skin to receive additional benefits of treatments and moisturizers. Try Artistry Skin Nutrition™ Renewing Softening Toner, which calms and soothes, so skin feels refreshed, looks translucent and radiant.
3. Treat: After cleansing, it is important to treat your face with specialized skincare products that can target your specific concerns. According to John Scimeca, Amway senior research scientist, “Serums are the most powerful skincare formulas. They generally contain the highest concentration of ingredients, technology and efficacy—they’re absolutely essential to any regimen.”
If you have dull and aging skin concerns, try the Artistry Skin Nutrition™ Vitamin C+HA3 Daily Serum. It provides a boost of radiance to your skin regimen! Make your skin visibly brighter and more radiant with fewer visible lines & deep-set wrinkles. While treating your skin, don’t forget eye cream. The skin around the eyes is more delicate and sensitive than the rest of the face. In addition, the concerns around the eyes—dark circles and puffiness—are different so your treatment should be different, too. One great eye cream is Artistry Skin Nutrition™ Renewing Eye Cream. Eye cream should be applied every night, but twice a day is preferred, starting in your 20s.
4. Moisturize: “After you cleanse and tone, stick to the ‘thinnest-to-thickest’ order for applying treatment products,” says Louise Schneider, Amway research scientist. “Finish with a premium moisturizer. Like a lid on a steaming pot, it seals in the healthy, hydrating goodness of your skincare and dramatically improves moisture barrier function.”
The right moisturizer depends on your skin. For skin with noticeable lines and wrinkles, Artistry Skin Nutrition™ Renewing Reactivation Cream will help reactivate skin’s natural ability to look younger and healthier, formulated with a phyto-powered Repair Complex, Nutrilite™-grown Pomegranate, White Chia Seed, Rosemary and Hyaluronic Acid. For sagging skin and deeper lines and wrinkles, Artistry Skin Nutrition™ Firming Ultra Lifting Cream includes our phyto-powered Repair Complex, Nutrilite™-grown Pomegranate, White Chia Seed, Silvervine Fruit, and Peptides.
5. SPF: The two biggest accelerants of aging skin are “UV damage and dehydration—in that order,” says Debra Pinardo, Amway research scientist. “Sun damage causes about 80 percent of skin aging, making sunscreen a must.”
“The key to prevention is protection,” adds Scimeca. He recommends following a morning skincare routine. It is essential to apply after moisturizing and before makeup. Apply at least 20 minutes before heading out to give it time to absorb into the skin so it really works as a protective layer.
6. Repeat at Night: After a full day of exposure to the elements and a face full of makeup, it is important to repeat your skincare regime, with one change. Since skin is not exposed to the environment at night, you can skip the SPF. As night rolls around, skin can finally rest, and repair, so this should be the focus of your night routine.
Changing habits in your daily routine to incorporate these six steps make it easy to supercharge your skin for a healthy complexion.